14 Facts that make RVE Unique
October is Red Velvet Events’ birthday month!
We decided to celebrate turning 14 years old by posting special blog content each week of October that reflects who we are and what we do. This week, we asked the team to share some fun facts that they think makes us unique. Here we’ve narrowed them down to match this year’s lucky number fourteen. Surprised by any? Let us know in the comments below.
1. We work in all kinds of weather conditions: extreme heat, crazy rainstorms, bitter cold. We once did an event at the Mall of America and it was -14 degrees outside. Our Windex froze solid and was unusable. Not really a problem you often run into in Texas!
2. Our work environment welcomes fun in the office. From daily activities, to happy hours, to team outings, we really do work hard and play hard together.
3. Our building has an albino squirrel! He lives in our courtyard and we see him every so often.
4. When the Programs and Sales teams are working hard, the leadership team is working even harder, yet they never project stress. Through everything, they still manage to show gratitude and reward the staff for their hard work.
5. Cindy treats the team so well that we feel like this must be how Beyoncé treats Blue Ivy.
6. We are officially HUB (Historically Underutilized Business) Certified for being a woman-owned and minority-owned business.
7. We are the proud owner of one of the cows auctioned from the Cow Parade, a traveling auction that helps raise funds for charitable organizations. The cow we purchased is lined with magnets from everywhere we’ve traveled to work business and pleasure.
8. We are all friends and actually do things together outside of the office.
9. We are constantly tourists in our own city, experiencing all the eats, drinks and fun Austin has to offer.
10. Our team has grown 400 percent in the last five years.
11. Despite our team growing in such a quick amount of time, the culture remains positive and fun.
12. Our team’s favorite snacks are hummus, bananas, and popcorn—but not all at once.
13. We LOVE 90s Pop music. It’s usually our go-to selection.
14. We live by our mantra: Outplan. Outplay. Outparty!