Back to School with Victoria Izaguirre, Bookkeeper
With the back to school season in full swing, we know students have their days scheduled to a T. The event and meeting planning industry is pretty similar. It’s easy for us to look at the clock and think, “Where did the time go?” When you’re working hard and playing hard, the hours can go by really fast. Because our day-to-day schedules sometimes seem to be divvied up like school days, we thought it’d be fun to write them out and share them with the world.
Next up is Victoria Izaguirre, RVE’s first-ever full-time bookkeeper. Here’s what an average day is like for Victoria:
- 9:00 AM: Catch up on e-mails. They can pile up quickly around here if you aren’t mindful!
- 9:30 AM: Review and enter the prior week’s expenses in QuickBooks, the accounting and invoicing system we use.
- 10:00 AM: Time for our daily stand-up meeting, where we keep each other in the loop of what’s going on that day. I always remind the team to submit their expenses!
- 10:30 AM: Budget reviews for all of our events and meetings. It’s essential to make sure everything’s correct and no detail has been missed.
- 12:30 PM: Lunch!
- 1:30 PM: Invoicing, invoicing, invoicing! It’s amazing how many invoices we send out every week.
- 3:00 PM: Snack time! Also, time to pull the weekly and monthly reports for Sarah Lo, Vice President of Operations. These reports help us to review anything in QuickBooks that needs to be addressed.
- 4:00 PM: Download and match credit card transactions from our programs. Verification is crucial! Also, this leads to my next task.
- 4:30 PM: Send out e-mails to the team about all the missing credit card expenses.
- 5:30 PM: Respond to more e-mails that have come in throughout the day, as well as take care of any small miscellaneous tasks that remain.
- 6:00 PM: Time to head home – only a 10-minute drive back towards the Arboretum for me!
- 6:30 PM: Take my dog, Zooey, out. She might get a few treats for being stuck in the kennel most of the day.
- 7:00 PM: Hang out, browse social media, and watch TV. I love The Big Bang Theory.
- 7:30 PM: Play “What do you want for dinner?” with my boyfriend.
- 8:00 PM: Finally decide on what to eat for dinner! Hello, Snap Kitchen.
- 8:30 PM: One last check on social media, then spend some quality time with the boyfriend before calling it a day.