Our favorite romantic things to do in Austin
Austin is a wonderful place for couples and offers romantic opportunities throughout the year. Whether you are looking for ideas for a first date, or celebrating your 10th (or 30th) anniversary together, here are some of our favorite ways to spend time with a loved one in Austin:
- Rent a canoe on Ladybird Lake and enjoy the view of downtown from the water. Go early in the morning for the quiet and cooler temperatures, then have breakfast downtown.
- Hike Mount Bonnell – early in the morning or at sunset, the views are especially lovely.
- Take a tour through the Umlauf Sculpture Garden. This quiet, reflective place has wonderful sculptures and is close to many fun places to eat on Barton Springs Road, where you could get lunch after visiting the garden.
- Reserve an outdoor table and watch the spectacular sunset from The Oasis on Lake Travis.
- Book a massage for two at the Lake Austin Spa (It’s called the “Two of a Kind” Swedish massage and is offered in their couple’s suite.)
- Enjoy a romantic French dinner at Chez Nous.
- Take in an independent or foreign film while sipping a cocktail or glass of wine at the Violet Crown Cinema.
- Impress your date with an evening at the Austin Symphony.
- Enroll in a cooking class together.
- Spend the weekend at one of Austin’s downtown hotels and luxuriate with a champagne breakfast in bed.
What are your favorite dates in Austin? We’d love to hear your ideas.