Five reasons to attend ATX Startup Crawl
“Hot Tech. Cold Beer.”
With a slogan like that, one can easily see why the ATX Startup Crawl is the fastest growing event in the Austin high-tech scene. Looking for a job; trying to hire developers; or just wishing to meet other entrepreneurial folks like yourself? It can all happen on Thursday, March 12th from 5pm – 10pm in Downtown Austin. Pre-registration is highly encouraged as you’ll get access to the crawl route in advance and further instructions on how to make the most of this high-energy event!
This event (#ATXCrawl15) is the brainchild of Joshua Baer, the executive director of Capital Factory, a tech startup incubator and co-working space in Austin. For several years, RVE has had the privilege of handling the logistics of the startup crawl alongside the Capital Factory team. Participants take a shuttle from one “crawl” site to the next; once you register, you’ll get a “starting point” at which to begin.
RVE founder Cindy Lo gave five reasons you should go to this popular event, which last year drew more than 50 companies and more than 24,000 registered attendees:
- If you are part of a startup and you are new to Austin, this is the best way to network, meet investors, other startups and new hires.
- If you are looking for a job, this is a great place to meet people.
- If you are an investor, this is the place to find startup companies to invest in.
- If you are hiring for a technical role, this is a great place to network and find your next rock star.
- If you have a mobile app and you are a startup participating in the crawl, you can get instant feedback on why your app is hot or not. Participating as a startup does require pre-registration.
Admission is free (no badge required); just RSVP by March 9 at http://atxstartupcrawl.splashthat.com/.
Looking forward to seeing you there!