What Makes an Event Memorable?
Over the last 11 years, we’ve worked on an astounding number of events. Time and time again, our clients and friends have asked us, “What do you think makes an event really stand out to guests?” Photo booths and craft cocktails are certainly fun; but in our experience, some things really go above and beyond to impress guests, no matter the size or budget of the event.
Based on our experience, we’d say the following items play the biggest part in making an event memorable:
This may seem obvious, but it’s true. There are so many details that go into planning an event, and while some of them may never be noticed, others can really make a difference for your guests. For example:
- Will you have enough food for the number of guests arriving – and extra in case a few who didn’t RSVP show up after all?
- Do you have tent cards labeling all of the food, so people with allergies or dislikes will know what they should (or shouldn’t) eat?
- Is the food appropriate for the season?
Think about what would make your guests most comfortable. Items like the following really stand out:
- If your event is taking place during winter, can you offer a coat check service?
- Is the parking area easy for your guests to navigate? Or will people be parking in a field and unable to get out if there’s a rainfall shortly before the event?
We don’t just mean having a Plan B in case something goes wrong – we mean having Plans C and D, too! Our seasoned team at RVE is well versed at thinking about events from all angles: the logistics, the budget, the ease of load in and load out, the production value and the overall guest experience.
What do you think makes an event truly memorable? What would you love to see more of at meetings and conferences? Leave us a comment and let us know!