I Came, I Saw, #IMEX2013
Another exciting IMEX trade show has come and gone – and we’re very happy with the results!
A meetings and incentive travel exhibition event geared toward international audiences, IMEX America is known worldwide as the place to be if you’re in the DMC business. And the 2013 trade show was bigger and better than ever.
Red Velvet Events was proud to represent Austin at IMEX America’s Texas booth this year. Here are some of our findings from the experience:
- Austin seemed to have an increase in international inquiries. Could this be due to Formula 1 and Circuit of the Americas? Or is it because of Austin’s great reputation in general? We’re still deciding, but we’re happy to hear it!
- The Texas booth appeared to be one of the busiest booths on the floor, with nonstop appointments totaling well over 100. That’s a lot of “Howdy”s!
- In our industry, the economy seems to be bouncing back, with more planners bringing RFPs with them then ever before.
- Austin is becoming more of an incentive destination, with clients wanting something new – and we’ll become even more popular, thanks to all the new hotels that are gracing downtown.
- Our booth definitely played up the side of Texas that visitors love to see. It featured cowhide rugs and rustic leather furniture, as well as a buyers’ reception every afternoon that showcased Texas wine and Shiner beer. But ours wasn’t the only stellar booth. The details at some of the other booths were truly incredible.
We look forward to seeing the results of this incredible trade show over the coming year. Thanks again to everyone who stopped by the Texas booth – and to IMEX America for another fantastic event!